What Causes Sciatica in Pregnancy
iaWhat Causes Sciatica in Pregnancy :
Sciatica during pregnancy is a common complaint, affecting as many as 40% of pregnant women. The following are some of the most common causes of sciatica in pregnancy:
- Hormonal changes: During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin is released in the body, which causes the ligaments and joints to become more relaxed and flexible. This can put pressure on the sciatic nerve and cause sciatica.
- Weight gain: As the pregnancy progresses and the uterus expands, the additional weight and pressure can put pressure on the sciatic nerve and cause sciatica.
- Postural changes: Pregnancy can cause changes in posture, such as an increased arch in the lower back, which can put pressure on the sciatic nerve and cause sciatica.
- Compression of the sciatic nerve: As the uterus expands, it can put pressure on the sciatic nerve, causing sciatica.
- Pelvic changes: During pregnancy, the pelvis can shift and rotate, which can cause pressure on the sciatic nerve and result in sciatica.
It’s important for pregnant women to talk to their doctor if they are experiencing symptoms of sciatica, as there are various treatment options available to help alleviate the discomfort. In some cases, conservative measures such as physical therapy, exercise, and rest may be sufficient to manage sciatica during pregnancy.
Searching for Sciatica Pain Clinic in Ahmedabad ? Do yoy have heard of Acupressure or Sujok therapy treatment points ? Healer nisha and wellknown specialist doctor in alternative medicing therapies like Sujok or Acupressureor. In this patient of sciatica pain is treated without operation or surgery.